by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort is here with fun festivities, spooky sights and dreadful delights! You won’t want to miss this “spook-tacular” season, which runs now through October 31. To make your Halloween time visit picture-perfect, add these essential 13 photo moments to your checklist!
1. Capture the seasonal décor along Buena Vista Street, beginning with Oogie Boogie looming over Disney California Adventure park’s entrance marquee to welcome you to the festivities.
3. Commemorate your cruise though Radiator Screams in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park with a spine-tingling spin on Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, and a photo of the Mater mummy car afterwards.
4. Snap a photo of Jack Skellington and Sally, who have materialized in New Orleans Square near Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland park. This year we celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas!”*
5. Return to the Collector’s Fortress after the sun sets for a risky rescue mission at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark in Disney California Adventure park, and a terrifically terrifying photo of the Fortress aglow at night.*
6. Take a Halloween portrait with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and pals sporting their Halloween costumes along Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park for a fun and festive spin on classic photos with the beloved characters that started it all.*
7. Get your sugar fix with the incredibly social media-worthy (and yummy) Pumpkin Spice Mickey Beignets from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square.
8. Celebrate the Haul-O-Ween season with the Cars in their “car-stumes,” and visit their favorite Radiator Screams establishments, like the creepy crawly Spider-car at Flo’s V8 Café in Cars Land.*
9. Snag a snapshot on festive Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland park, capturing not only the classic Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern, but also the array of beautiful banners and fall-inspired flower beds.
11. Smile and say “Halloween” with the bounty of pumpkins displayed at Downtown Disney District. An impressive assortment of 17 different varieties and more than 2,150 pumpkins and squash will dot your backdrop.
12. Feast your eyes on a sweet surprise at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – a pumpkin patch built out of cereal treats, 200 pounds of icing, 100 pounds of chocolate and 300 pounds of fondant. See if you can capture a hidden Mickey or two in your photo.
13. Take a selfie to show off seasonal souvenirs like the Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket and Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket, suited for all your spell-casting and potion-brewing needs.
*Photo Tip: For a per ticket, per day fee, purchase Disney MaxPass to receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the day, including magic shots, select character dining and attraction photos. Disney MaxPass also includes the ability to make digital Disney FastPass selections (subject to availability) on your mobile device while in the parks.
Guests are strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS® availability and other theme park details before purchasing Disney MaxPass. Disney FASTPASS® selections for popular attractions or entertainment (as applicable) may not be available at the time of Disney MaxPass use as FASTPASS® selections are limited and availability is not guaranteed. FASTPASS® selections available through Disney MaxPass are subject to change without notice. Disney PhotoPass® service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass® terms found at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass® Photos captured during the day your Disney MaxPass feature is used must be linked to your Disney account and may be downloaded pursuant to the expiration policy at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-expiration-policy/. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Disney account holder only and may not be used for a commercial purpose. The Disney MaxPass feature is nonrefundable, non-transferable, may not be redeemed for cash and will expire at the end of the day of use. Subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.