Cool Facts About Cool Places: Disney Animation Building at Disney California Adventure Park
Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
We are sharing more cool facts about places you can cool off at the Disneyland Resort this summer, and this week you are invited into the Disney Animation Building at Disney California Adventure park.
This immersive setting showcases how animated films come to life. Here, you can take an undersea adventure, visit the Sorcerer’s Workshop or see characters come to life on paper.
Here are 5 cool facts about what you may find!
1. While exploring the Sorcerer’s Workshop, keep an eye out for hidden details. For example, you may notice the portrait and rose inside the Beast’s Library mysteriously begin to change.
2. In the Magic Mirror Realm, also part of the Sorcerer’s Workshop, there’s an unusual hidden Mickey incorporated into musical symbols. Be sure to also look closely for a secret message featured on the walls referring to the two famous Disney brothers.
3. Learn the names of each animation machine in the Magical Mirror Realm: a phenakistascope, praxinoscope, thaumatrope and zoetrope. Do you know which one’s which?
4. Fun for all ages and experience levels, Animation Academy hosts drawing classes every 30 minutes. Receive step-by-step instruction with others on how to illustrate some of your favorite Disney characters under the guidance of a Disney artist. We recently learned how to draw Edna Mode from “The Incredibles” at Animation Academy. Check out our video here!
5. In Turtle Talk with Crush, each interactive show uses state-of-the-art computer-graphic imagery. Each show is unique and improvised—meaning no two shows are the same, so you can come back again and again for more laughs!